Ruth Unaegbu MA, RCC (12132)
Education & Memberships
Supplemental Clinical Training
- A Master of Forensic Psychology (MA) degree from Marymount University, Arlington, VA
- A Bachelor of Arts (BA) degree from the Trinity Western University, Langley, BC
- BC Association of Clinical Counsellors – Registered Clinical Counsellor (#12132)
- Australian Counselling Association – International Member (# IN1485)
- First Nations Health Authority Health (FNHA) Benefits Mental Health Service Provider (#10423-1)
Mondays: 4:45pm to 9:30pm
Tuesday: 4:45pm to 9:30pm
Wednesday: 4:45pm to 9:30pm
20 Minute Consultations
Thursday: 6:00pm to 7:00pm
A Bit About Ruth
Hi, I’m Ruth Unaegbu! I am the founder of Ruth Unaegbu Counselling & Coaching and REST Counselling Group. I am a Registered Clinical Counsellor (RCC #12132) & Supervisor providing private therapy and supervision services in British Columbia, Canada and coaching services worldwide. I created my practices to support people by undoing aloneness and creating a safe space for them to heal and transform. It’s my goal to support people as they enhance and expand into the lives they were meant to live.
I work with a variety of individuals and provide culturally affirming counselling to people of the global majority, with a big focus on Black women, first-generation and immigrant Canadians. I also specialize in working with creative professionals (actors/actresses, musicians, artists, etc.), athletes, parents/caregivers, and those who are a part of the adoption triad (specifically transracial adoption).
I thoroughly enjoy connecting with others, digging deep, and delving into fears, motivations, inspirations, goals, and dreams. You are my client if you are someone who is ready for or is experiencing a change or transition. I use a variety of therapy techniques and modalities to help you reach your goals and transform your life.
Participation in therapy can result in a number of benefits to you, including improving interpersonal relationships and the resolution of the specific concerns that led you to seek therapy. If you’re ready to take the step toward healing, connect with me today!
Areas of Practice
- Performance Enhancement
- Post Traumatic Stress
- Life Transitions
- Self-Worth and Personal Growth
- Goal Setting
- Stress Management and Reduction
- BIPoC Stress
- Grief & Loss
Areas of Selected Focus
- Performing Creatives
- High-Performance athletes
- Members of the transracial adoption triad
- First Generation & children of immigrants and refugees